Tile adhesive is formulated polymer improvised flexible gum that can be utilized to secure varied kinds of tiles involving mosaic tiles, ceramic tiles, clay, and ceramic tiles of compact and extensive proportions engineered and all organic stone tiles amidst others. The tile adhesives market size is expanding due to the improvising the quality of securing the tiles to the surface, tile adhesive is an easily obtainable combination constituted of cement, polymers, and chosen particles with reckoned additives. It accommodates unique chemicals that offer decreased drop with outstanding adhesive attributes and superlative robustness. It’s very flexible to harbor thermal and physical movements and is applicable in both wet and dry areas.
The global tile adhesive market was valued at USD 2.52 billion in 2022 and is expected to grow at USD 5.04 billion with a CAGR of 7.4% during the forecast period 2032.
What Are the Types of Tile Adhesives?
There are five kinds of tile adhesives obtainable depending on their approach and as per IS 15477:2019. Categorized as Type 1, Type 2, Type 3, Type 4, and Type 5, they are expounded and differentiated depending on the following three aspects:
Chemistry: dispersal, receptive resins, and cementitious
Performance: methodical or enhanced heavy-duty
Other attributes: Speedy settings, nil reduction, and lessened slip
- Type 1: This is acceptable for tiles with evident porosity > 3% and is utilized for all clay and ceramic tiles of compact dimension and the majority of the cement-dependent framework, including cement plaster, cement concrete, and cement screed, amongst others.
- Type 2: This is appropriate for all tiles with evident porosity < 3% and best contoured for vitrified tiles, glass mosaic tiles, all stones, dense and huge dimension tiles, and stones with challenging situations such as wet or inundated areas.
- Type 3: This is appropriate for tiles on the outermost tile substrate, such as plaster or concrete. It is particularly designed for tiles involving ceramic, clay tiles, basalt tiles, vitrified, glass mosaic tiles, porcelain tiles, and all organic stone tiles.
- Type 4: Together with being appropriate for all tiles and wall tiles as involved in Type 1, 2, and 3, this adhesive is deliberated for attachment on drywall board substrates. Other than metal tiles and engineered stones placed on dry wallboard substrates, this is appropriate for all kinds of stones and tiles.
- Type 5: This is best suited for all kinds of tiles involving engineered stones that are to be placed on glass or metallic substrates such as gridiron, mild steel, stainless steel, aluminum, or copper.
The prominent element pushing the demand for tile adhesive is the escalating demand for tile fittings covering several sectors, including residential, commercial, and infrastructure projects. Tiles are broadly utilized for flooring, wall covering, and other implementations because of their artistic appeal, longevity, and simplified sustenance. The tile adhesives market sales are soaring as the partiality for tiles endures to escalate, there was a consistent requirement for high-quality tile adhesive to guarantee steady and enduring installations. The demand for tile adhesives is directly connected to the augmenting market for tiles, as more consumers hunt for improvising the visual charm and operation ability of their spaces.
- In June 2023, Pidilite launched a television commercial (TVC) as part of their marketing campaign to promote their tile adhesive brand, Roff.
- In January 2023, Fosroc India unveiled a range of premium tiling products that bring notable advancements to the Indian market. The campaign kick-started with the introduction of the Nitotile range in three significant locations – Bangalore, Hyderabad, and Chennai.
Acrylic renders tile adhesives more moistureproof. It is usually utilized for securing tiles of compact sizes. Ceramic tiles, vitrified tiles, and natural stone tiles can be simply fixed by it. In the tile adhesives market, latex makes the adhesive more flexible. It is perfect for exterior usage where some movement is needed. Epoxy assists in escalating the firmness and robustness of adhesives.