Fiber cement boards are composite substances configured of sand, cement, and cellulose fiber. Particularly, they are made of Portland cement with glass fiber mesh on the finish. These boards can be utilized on one’s own or together with plywood. The fiber cement board market size is expanding as they are extremely defiant to fire, water and termites rendering them a perfect option for structuring good quality and durable furniture and home. Cement boards are utilized as, when juxtaposed to gypsum boards, they possess steadiness in the presence of moisture and leaks. Cement boards have outstanding moisture absorbing and drying attributes, rendering them resistant to weather alterations also.
The global fiber cement board market was valued at USD 10.04 billion in 2022 and is expected to grow at USD 15.50 billion with a CAGR of 4.5% during the forecast period 2032.
Uses of Fiber Cement Boards
- They are preferably used for flooring, making furniture, for wall cladding, and even for gates because of their unbreakable features. Dissimilar to plywood, Vboard does not debase or fall apart in the rain because of the moisture and is termite resistant.
- Fiber cement sheets and boards can, by choice be, used in the kitchen too as they are a great deal thermal resistant and are fire repellent.
- Fiber cement sheets and boards also asbestos free which renders operating with them less detrimental. Health threats are decreased for the family as well as those who assist in building the home.
Common Applications of Fiber Cement Boards
- Ceiling: Cement fiber-dependent ceiling substances are obtainable in two forms, such as sheet and tile. Varied texture surfaces are obtainable for ceiling tiles. One can use cement boards in conventional ceilings and ceiling tiles in a grid design. Projects where acoustic features are crucial, such as auditoriums, halls, divided workspaces, hospitals, malls, and theatres.
- Cladding: Cement fiber-based cladding commodities are predominantly obtainable in plank design with a thickness of approximately 8mm and varied proportions. The fiber cement board market sales are soaring as one can secure these planks with steel, cement, or wooden elementals effortlessly by screws or adhesives. Application area varies as per the purpose such as outer walls, gates, lobbies, facades and so on.
- Dry walls: Fiber cement based wall partition solution are appropriate for extreme speed construction work. Dry walls are easy to lift, simpler to structure, and separate the curing time linked with brick and mortar-based construction. This is perfect for non-load-bearing wall structure. Cement fiber based dry walls are more long lasting than gypsum dry wall substance. Cement fiber board divisions are excessively endorsed in wet areas.
Development of the construction industry together with infrastructure reforms in advanced nations and population extension in surfacing countries is pushing the demand for several products and materials. Further, there is an increasing inclination for synthetic fibers, especially in the production of fiber cement boards. The escalated acquisition of synthetic fibers is anticipated to carry on as they provide benefits in terms of longevity and production.
Asia Pacific: The growth of this market can be credited to the combined endeavors of the governments in the region to advance and proliferate the framework, including the construction of hospitals, education hubs, commercial centers, and residential conglomerates. The government’s enterprise to improvise infrastructure has generated a notable demand for structuring materials involving fiber cement boards, which are extensively utilized in the construction industry.
Fiber cement board is an outstanding building substance that has made a name for itself in the construction industry because of its singular attributes and extensive applications. In the fiber cement board market, from siding to roofing, the adaptable substance provides innumerable advantages to architects, builders, and homeowners alike.